Knowledge base Article
This guide will take you through the initial installation and configuration to use X2GO. To get started, first install the application via the Dashboard and once that is done, enable SSH on your slot. Once that is done you need to download and install the client you want to use, depending on your platform. For this guide we will use the Windows client.
Setup the client in Windows
Start the client on your PC, on the first startup it will present you with a screen to make a new session. If not, click on [Session] and then [New Session]. Fill in the details as shown below:
- Host: your seedbox (e.g. 180.nl10.seedit4.me)
- Username: seedit4me
- Port: your SSH port found on your dash ( you will need to enable SSH in advanced )
- Session Type: XFCE
Once you have filled in all the details be sure to click [OK] to save the connection and you will now see the new connection it on the X2GO Dashboard.
Click on it to connect the client with your slot and it will ask for your seedbox password, be sure to just copy from your Seedit4.me Dashboard.
When prompted, click [Accept Key] and then click [Use Default Config]
You have now succesfully installed the client in Windows and are connected to your seedbox. Currently though, there's not much you can do there. First you need to install some supporting software on your slot.
Configure your slot
First, connect to your slot via SSH. Once connected you can follow the steps below.
- Type the following and hit enter: sudo apt-get install xfce4-terminal
- Type the following and hit enter: sudo update-alternatives --config x-terminal-emulator
- Select xfce4 by typing the corresponding number and hit enter
You can now close your SSH connection and connect once again via your local X2GO application. In X2GO, while connected, click on [Applications] in the top-left corner of the screen. Go to [Settings], then [Preferred Applications].
Click the [Utilities] tab and change Terminal Emulator to "Xfce Terminal"
You're slot is now configured to work with your application at home.
Install a browser
Within X2GO click the icon in the bottom of the screen to open a terminal.
- Type the following and hit enter: wget https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
- Type the following and hit enter: sudo apt install ./google-chrome-stable_current_amd64.deb
When prompted for a password just copy/paste your seedbox password again. When prompted for confirmation just hit enter. The installation will end with an error message, you can safely ignore it. You now have a fully functioning browser that you can use, visiting websites via your slot. Enjoy!